Sunday, April 29, 2007

Highlights & Lowlights From Today's Game

Jays starter Tomo Ohka threw seven strong innings today to stop the confoundedly strong Texas Rangers in their tracks. Other highlights:
  • Aaron Hill continued his strong start going 3 for 4 and driving in 2 runs.
  • Scott Downs threw a scoreless eighth inning.
  • Alex Rios' pinch hit home run.
  • The roof at Rogers Centre was open for the first time this season.
  • Jason "Should be nailed to the bench" Phillips managed to go 3 for 4 with an RBI.

Lowlights:

  • Shawn Marcum gave up another blast in the ninth. The Jays need a legit closer.
  • Josh Towers is still on the roster.

1 comment:

peteybrigade said...

I think I was honestly surprised Marcum didn't give up the whole lead! Okha looked good today, but it'll be a few more quality starts before I relax while I watch him pitch; it's like Chacin - I keep waiting for a home run or two...